Why a Classics Approach to Leadership?
A Classical education is unmatched in the ability to promote:
- Creativity: It actively trains you to think outside of the box.
- Strategic Thinking: It helps you make wise decisions.
- Management Skills: It gives you employee and resource management skills.
- Communication Skills: It imparts a knowledge of language and of rhetoric that facilitates communication and negotiation with others.
- Personal Integrity: It instills a love for virtue that summons you to excellence.
How Do We Approach Teaching the Classics?
Our classical courses guide individuals through a serious reading of the greatest works of literature and philosophy that Western civilization has produced. We emphasize reading these books in their entirety. In this manner, the greatest minds of the last three millennia become our personal tutors and instructors. Our approach, imitating the Paidea Project advocated by master teacher Mortimer Adler, is to present these works in their chronological sequence, from antiquity to modernity, as a “Great Conversation” in dialogue with the Bible. The ancients knew that books were the key to liberty (“liberty” and “library” derive from the same Latin root). It is our vision to make this education available to all once again.
Our Classical Programs