Learning to See Christ in All of Scripture
How Do We Approach the Bible?
In addition to a literary approach to Scripture, our biblical teaching emphasizes the following transformational themes:
- All of Scripture, Old Testament and New, speaks of Christ.
- The resurrection of Christ is the great theme of both the Old and New Testaments.
- Not only is Christ depicted as the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy, the New Testament shows him to be greater than all the prophets, priests, and kings who came before him.
- The resurrection pattern of suffering followed by glory is characteristic of salvation in both the Old and New Testaments.
- The destiny of the church as the bride of Christ is prefigured in both the Old and New Testaments.
- The biblical beginning prophetically and redemptively envisions the biblical ending.
- The Book of Revelation offers a message of hope, not fear, to the people of God.